Saturday, November 23, 2013

Perdana, HID installed

Some of you may have remembered that I once posted on the various types of lights that was available in the market HERE

Two weeks ago, I stumbled upon a set of quite expensive set of hi/lo HID magnetic set in my warehouse which was bought a couple of years ago. So... backside itchy install lah

I did a bench test to ensure that all of it was working and had a visual inspection, making sure that there would be no chances of water damage or whatsoever.

Upon inspection, there was crack on certain items :



 From this picture you can see that this has a hi/lo controller. Iim not sure what't the lil box connected to the ballast though.

Bulbs were 6000k.

 Cracks on this box.


 Cracks again.


 So what i did, I open it up and stuffed it with sealant, just to make sure that water doesn't get in. It seems that it's still working.

 Bottom side, also stuffed with sealant. Looks stupid, I know. But I had to make-do with what I have.

 Cracks everywhere, sealed and held down until it was dry.


I clamped it for two hours as I got sick of holding it. No, it isn't a sex toy.


 Sealed it with transparent tape, and
 All wired up including power and ground. Removed the existing h4 Relay kit.









Testing. White, just like the DRLs.



 Low beam, look at the unwanted glare. As I said in my previous post, most HIDs are not perfect.
 High beam, doesn't look to bad.
And here... the crappy reflector design of the Perdana headlamp.










The output light of the headlamp wasn't well satisfying as I was only installing this for testing and researching purposes. It was white, 6000k. Either the HID output was not strong, OR, it was just the reflector design of the headlamp itself wasn't reflecting the beam properly.

I have already swapped them to LEDs, which will be in my next post. It's something good, stay tuned!




Cheers

Elton

No comments:

Post a Comment