Friday, July 9, 2010

Autofoam, Part 2

On Monday morning, 5th July.

Desmond's guy test drove my car and I decided to go with the Comfort Package.



The first thing Desmond did when he first saw me was; he shook my hand with a firm grip and pinched my right nipple saying 'Autofoam is better than Spot Welding'.

His Guy, Sam, dropped me and my girlfriend off at the Titiwangsa Monorail and we went off to Times Square to catch a movie. I paid Desmond in advanced for the Comfort Package and was informed that the car will be ready in two hours. I had also specifically requested them to foam up my A-pillar as i strongly believe that wind noise was penetrating into the cabin from there.


Four hours later
My movie ended and we took a monorail back to Titiwangsa and walked over to KL Auto.
Desmond handed me my car keys and I drove off.

He handed me a little 'souvenir' for me to take home.. the balance of the foam that was cut off from my car during the cleaning process.






Its soft, and odourless :).



Driving Experience After Autofoam
-The car feels a little bit stiff, up to my expectation.
-Tire noise went lower, but not up to expectations. But later, my expectations changed as I understood that I will have to foam up the door sills along with the B and C pillar to totally insulate the tire noise in the cabin.

Desmond told me that the curing process will take 4 to 10 days and told me that the car will feel tighter after every day during the foam curing process.

-to be continued-

No comments:

Post a Comment