Saturday, May 29, 2010

A lil about myself

Last time, I started off as an intern at a big workshop as a technician. This workshop was specialized in preventive maintenance, performing different unusual tasks such as ATF flush,engine flush, de-carbonizing, etc.

Sooner or later, six months... I ended up working behind the desk doing international orders, customer service, accounts, invoicing, you name it. Everything and anything!

Pics :













Yes, the workshop was big, HUGE. I got to do different kind of cars... ranging from Protons, Peroduas, to Muscle cars, V10s, etc.

I got to drive different kinds of cars such as a Dodge Viper, Ferrari 348, Audi RS2 to name a few. One year down the road, I left the workshop. Did not want to spoon feed lazy people who wants high pay and short working hours. Two weeks after I left, true enough that three of those mentioned got fired.
Also, I was struggling with classic cars that are twice my age and thank god I had Hatish that came in as a new Workshop Manager. He's the current manager. The workshop ceased operations and closed down after I left, not wanting to do everyday operations/customer service anymore. They are now happily focusing on Classic Cars.

Before I left, I had another job offer from one of my customer. I started off in September and am very happy here. I am now a Retail Manager supplying billiard tables :D. I don't have any of my office pictures at the moment but will upload them once after some time.

My previous job, it was full of stress, especially when lazy people fuck things up, and you gotta be the one cleaning up their mess. There was one point where the Viper broke down just before the Merdeka Endurance Race and I spent the whole night till 4 in the morning looking for a crate engine to be shipped out from the US immediately. Though I did my best and found one, the car never got to race due to other unforseen circumstances. The owner was grateful and gave me his Porsche's CD player. Thank you Dato' SS! :).

My working hours are now shorter, my pay is now higher, and the best part; I can sleep till like 10 in the morning and make it to work in time though its like 20km away. I dont mind driving to work everyday. Its stress-free here. I get to play pool whenever I feel bored, etc.

Till then, will update again whenever I have the time to.


-Elton-

No comments:

Post a Comment